I am a Level 3 on my search and rescue team, this means I have a speciality above our normal level 2 certification test . I have my speciality in human remains detection (HRD). As part of being a level 3, it means you take on candidates to mentor and evaluate other peoples certification tests. Today I went to evaluate another teammate in his level 3 area test - 2 subjects in moderate to difficult terrain in 250 acres in 5 hours.
While Dee and Pastis ran their test and i kept tabs while watching "doggy tv" aka my Astro, Oak and I trained HRD.
Starting to work source #1 - in the rocks to the right

Flying pup!!


Workin hard

Right on it

Good alert!

Second source

Under the log, good alert!

Dee and Pastis passed! 2 subjects found in 2 hours 50 minutes


Our subjects graciously stayed in place so Oak could could find them

Searching through sage brush