I almost backed out of yesterday's hike, I looked out my window in Draper and saw large snowflakes coming down. I texted my dad.... "How's the weather in Provo? It's snowing here...."  and my dad responded, "Same here. Up to you. I think it should just be flurries." Okay dad you are more adventuresome than me, I couldn't be the one to back out. 

We decided to do a different part of the Shoreline Trail, we hiked this on my birthday last year and we decided to hike the trail and go to the archery range for lunch. But, the best adventures can't be planned. We came around a corner on the trail and I was looking up on the mountain face I saw a waterfall - now the funny story about this waterfall is when we hiked this in November, we came along a fellow hiker that asked us if we had gone to the waterfall... we replied "no" thinking there was no waterfall nearby. I thought he was crazy or thinking of Bridal Veil Falls - well we found the waterfall so I guess he wasn't crazy :)

We thought the waterfall would be more of an adventure so we decided to find our way there, an we actually found a road that led straight up to it - even though we weren't sure when we started up it. 

Track Log

Elevation Graph

Hike stats:
Distance: 2.3 miles (4.6 roundtrip)
Elevation start: 4998 ft
Elevation max: 5678 ft
Elevation gain: 987 ft
The second peak is where we turned around and headed all the way back to the truck

Start out right from the Nunn's Park,  Bridal Veil parking lot

Take the Bonneville Shoreline Trail

the "lone pine"

Look at those clouds

First spotting of the waterfall

Take this road up from main trail about 0.9 miles in - it's obvious, first big break from the main/little trail

We decided to go straight up the scree

Breaked here for lunch

Jet-boil some water for warm drinks

Tea-making

mmmmmm!

Oak found her own treat

Base of the falls




Loved the feeling of water splashing down onto me


Icicles 



dad and oak

oak went straight out onto the ice

following the trail from the falls south is a little hangout spot. it started snowing at this point of our day, it was so quiet around us and the snow was semi-solid and sounded just like when you have a mouth full of pop-rocks

when we got back down to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail from the waterfall, we decided we weren't quite done hiking so kept going South down the trail until this view, this is the Squaw Peak road area

Yep. Good hike, snow and all:)